Wednesday 9 October 2013

Some like it hot....

And some like it a little cooler.......

We've had several days at 35 degrees or hotter! It's a little bit too much for us, although I think we're pretty much getting acclimatised to 30 degrees! Hotter in Sydney though...forecast for today is 39 degrees!

 

I've been trying to plan activities that have Crack and I inside during the heat of the day, which has been working out ok! We took another trip to the cinema (turns out Crack prefers racing planes to snails winning the Indy 500!), been to two more music groups and spent the coolest morning of the week at the shadiest playground! Another hot one forecast for tomorrow, so Pie might drive us to the nearest indoor play centre, as I am still too chicken to drive the enormous automatic car through city traffic!

 

We had a lovely day on Sunday, meeting up with our St Andrews friends Tom and Ali and their two little boys for a picnic and a very hot walk near Mt Coot-tha on Sunday. So great to see them, after 10 plus years and the boys had a great time! I forgot to take many pictures but here are the few I did take! First one is a baby Lace Monitor...the following ones are of some silly boys....I couldn't decide which pic I liked best, so I put them all in!

Tom and Ali gave us a few top tips for weekend countryside excursions, so when we get back from Perth, we'll be looking to get out of town and see some Highlands and Islands!

 

In others news, I finally gave Crack a much needed haircut....sorry to say he looks less like a surfer dude now....but I think I've done an ok job....before and after below, plus a few extra as he's such a poser at the moment:

Haircut, plus demonstration of just how much he loves sweet and sour chicken!

I had a much needed afternoon off yesterday, and treated myself to some new nails, a spot of shopping and some piece and quiet (with my kindle, some calamari, a Stella and a river view!). Felt much better afterwards, Crack, although great fun, is so tiring to be with at the moment, non-stop chatter and mischief! Of course by the time I got home, 4 hours later, I was missing him already!
 

He's been so cuddly recently, it's lovely. Now if I could just get him to stop kicking me!

Excitement today has been largely provided by the window cleaners! Good job they aren't scared of heights, it's a tall order round here!

 

We're off to Perth for 10 days on Tuesday, not sure whether we'll have wifi, so may not be able to post until we get back. Should be awesome though! We hope to meet some quokka maybe some dolphins, and visit Margaret River with virtual locals Jon and Jen, so will at least be drinking some lovely plonk with some good friends! Perth seems to be at least 10 degrees cooler than it is here and they even have some rain, so doubtless we'll soon be complaining that it is too cold......I'm starting to worry about coming home in December already!

Finally, a slightly random thing that got me thinking.....I walked past a bloke yesterday who was wearing a t-shirt that said "I wish I was nicer". Apart from the niggling grammatical error, what struck me was how this sentiment (which could/should be virtually universal) becomes a bit threatening when you put it on a t-shirt - it basically says, "I am not a very nice person".......note to self....must ponder my own t-shirt slogan choices more carefully in future!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment